Just because the garden is dormant in winter doesn’t mean it can’t be a lively place. With a few well-placed ornaments and some nature-themed ideas, you can enliven a winter landscape.
Here are some ideas for your garden in winter:
- Add lights whenever you can. Take advantage of shorter days and put them on a timer.
- Use nature-inspired creativity, such as dried grass stalks, seedheads and vines.
- Showcase garden decor, such as gazing globes, sculpture, tuteurs and trellises.
- Encourage wildlife to visit by setting out birdfeeders and other attractions.
– David Grist, former Employee-Owner