Why do we gather information?
Gardener’s Supply strives to provide the readers of our Journal with timely and useful information. Understanding basic information about the geographic location of site visitors helps us prepare seasonally appropriate gardening articles.
Some of the ways we use the data we gather:
- provide information we think may help you succeed in the garden
- send information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Gardener’s Supply and our selected partners;
- operate and improve our sites and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; and
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Information we gather automatically
When you visit this blog, some information is automatically collected using standard internet technologies such as Google Analytics. We gather information to allow us to understand the general geographic location of our readers and the search terms or referring sites which help them find our content online. For example:
- IP Address. When you come to our Site, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Site. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Site. We may combine this information with personally identifiable information that we have collected to make our Site and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Mobile If you access our site from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device’s specific model number, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and the geographic location of your device down to the city level.
- Web beacons and other technologies. The Site uses other tracking tools, including web beacons. Web beacons are images on the Site (or in emails that the Site sends to you) that help us determine what parts of the Site you have visited, whether you have opened an email that we have sent to you, or otherwise to measure the effectiveness of the Site. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information directly to us or to an email delivery service provider authorized by us to collect information on our behalf.
Personally Identifiable Information Contained in User Content
Some sections of our Site may allow users to post or transmit messages, comments, screen names, computer files and other materials. If you choose to make personally identifiable information public through these Services, Gardener’s Supply will consider that information public and will not limit its disclosure in the manner described here.
Who has access to your email address?
If you subscribe to Gardener’s Supply e-mail, you may receive offers and newsletter email from us. In addition, you may also receive occasional e-mails from other members of the America’s Gardening Resource family of wholly-owned affiliates.
Gardener’s Supply Company does not sell, trade or rent your e-mail address. We occasionally send offers to our customers on behalf of other trusted businesses, but we do not give those businesses your personal information.
We may disclose any information you provide to Gardener’s Supply when we believe disclosure to be appropriate to comply with any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to comply with judicial process; or (ii) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate this web site; or (iii) to protect the rights or property of Gardener’s Supply Company, its users, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, or Merchants.
Links off our site
Gardener’s Supply wants you to be aware that when you click on links that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies, not ours. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we cannot be responsible for the actions of third parties. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement and user terms and conditions whenever interacting with, and prior to providing any personal information to, any other website.
We understand the importance of protecting our customers’ privacy, and we therefore provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of having your personally identifiable information used or disclosed for certain purposes.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Gardener’s Supply and our Affiliates and our licensees, or request that we not share personally identifiable information about you with third parties for the third parties’ marketing purposes, by contacting us at:
Gardener’s Supply company
Attn: Marketing Services – Privacy
128 Intervale Road
Burlington, VT 05401
You also can change your preferences relating to our email newsletter program online or fill out a detailed message using our contact form.
Because we plan our communications in advance, it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. If you continue to receive our communications in error after expressing an opt-out preference, please let us know so that we can investigate the situation.
Your Consent and Changes to this Policy