This year’s regional garden shows are just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning a fun day out with a gardening friend.
The scene at last year’s flower show in Philadelphia.
This year’s regional garden shows are just around the corner. It’s time to start planning a fun day out with a gardening friend you rarely see; or an enjoyable afternoon with any friend or family member whose spirits could use a boost.
These February and March events always happen right when winter seems the dreariest and we desperately need a shot of something green. You can always expect to see some impressive show gardens, take in a few interesting seminars and speakers, and connect with fellow gardeners and local gardening merchants.
Gardener’s Supply is pleased to be co-sponsoring two of the speakers at this year’s shows.
Charlie Nardozzi is the senior horticulturist and spokesperson for the National Gardening Association. He is also a popular writer (several Gardening for Dummies books), radio commentator and television host. Charlie will be speaking at the Northwest Flower Show in Seattle, as well as the Philadelphia, Chicago and San Francisco Flower Shows.
Melinda Myers has spent the past 25 years promoting the goodness of gardening. She is a horticultural consultant, arborist, teacher, prolific author (with more than 20 gardening books to her credit), and host of several radio and television programs. Melinda will be speaking at the San Francisco, Chicago and Philadelphia Flower Shows, as well as the Northwest Flower Show in Seattle, Southeastern Flower Show in Atlanta, and New Jersey Flower Show in Edison.
A few of us from Vermont may be attending as well, so check the program schedule and please stop by to say hello.
Some of this season’s shows are featured in the box, below. For more events, see the American Horticultural Society’s comprehensive list of regional garden shows.
2010 Flower Shows
- Feb. 4-6: Southeastern Flower Show, Atlanta, GA
- Feb. 3-7 : Northwest Flower and Garden Show, Seattle, WA
- Feb. 18-21: The Rhode Island Spring Flower and Garden Show, Providence, RI
- Feb. 18-21: New Jersey Flower and Garden Show, Edison, NJ
- Feb. 28-March 7: Philadelphia International Flower Show, Philadelphia, PA
- March 6-14 : Chicago Flower and Garden Show, Chicago, IL
- March 24-28: Boston Flower and Garden Show, Boston, MA
- March 24-28: San Francisco Flower Show, San Mateo, CA