Our new Orchard Rack seems to be something customers have been looking for, though some folks are using it in unexpected ways.
Our new Orchard Rack is not just for things that come from the garden.
We love it when customers get excited about a new product. This season’s star is the Orchard Rack. It seems to be something customers have been looking for, though some folks are using it in unexpected ways.
The wooden rack with slide-out shelves is meant to store “keeper” crops, such as apples, winter squash, onions and potatoes. The design ensures good air circulation in a cool, dark cellar or shed.
Although most customers are using the rack to store their harvest, we’ve also heard a few stories about people who are using it in other ways. Last week, our customer contact center did some brainstorming and came up with all kinds of clever uses for th Orchard Rack. Here are a few of their ideas:
- Organize craft supplies, such as paint, paper, brushes and canvas
- Dry hand-washed laundry, such as sweaters
- Store and organize board games and puzzles
- Organize periodicals (newspapers, magazines). Put a different week on each shelf.
- Categorize architectural plans, garden layouts or drawings
- Separate swatches of quilting fabric into categories
- Dry wet gloves, mittens and socks