Several years ago, I wrote a book called Passport to Gardening. Each chapter included a brief overview of a particular gardening topic (from annual flowers to water gardening) and recommendations for best books on the topic. In order to make these recommendations, I reviewed more than 400 gardening books. Most of them were sent to me free of charge because I was writing reviews. Can you imagine what fun it was to have 400 gardening books arrive at my front door?
The Well-Tended Perennial Garden by Tracy DiSabato-Aust
Once I’d completed the research and the book had been published, I brought most of the review copies into the office and established a terrific reference library for our customer service team. But I must admit that a few of the books remained on my own bookshelf.
When I have a gardening question, these are some of the books I find myself turning to time and again:
- Rodale’s Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
- Step By Step Organic Vegetable Gardening
- The Organic Gardeners’ Handbook of Insect and Disease Control
- Secrets to Great Soil
- The Well-Tended Perennial Garden
- Four Season Harvest
- The Gardener’s A-Z Guide to Growing Flowers
- The Flower Gardener’s Bible
- The Greenhouse Gardener’s Companion
- The Flower Farmer
- Bulbs: Four Seasons of Beautiful Blooms
What gardening books do YOU turn to most often when you have a question?